Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Hi! My name is Lauren, what can I do for you today?


Salutations! My name is Lauren Nicole, I'm currently studying public relations and advertising at Flagler College. I have spent seven of my twenty-one years of life in restaurants and have been working since I was ten. I've worked in cafes, diners, hookah bars, bars bars, upscale dining and fast food (to say I've been around the "restaurant block" would be accurate).

Let's jump right to the meat and potatoes, shall we? I was inspired to begin this particular blog after thinking about what I have accomplished and how I have done so thus far in life. To say one of the least interesting answers is, I worked. As my education comes to a close this upcoming December, I reflect on the things I have learned while working in the service industry (specifically, restaurants) and would like to share them with the community.

I have always and remain skeptical of those who are in any kind of business or communications positions yet have never waited tables. There is so much to gain from the experiences of say, a table stiffing you on a tip or dealing with poor management that have potential to teach you life long lessons that can serve both business and personal benefits. Please don't take this the wrong way, there are other ways to obtain these lessons, I simply find that they can most easily be obtained from waiting tables.

This blog is dedicated to those I have worked with and for who have taught me many lessons, my customers and of course you, my readers.

So please, take a seat wherever you'd like and I'll be with you in just a moment!

*picture is from weheartit.com

No comments:

Post a Comment